fuzzy sentence search

Fisheye
Is it possible to search sentences, more than one word at a time, or phrases with fuzzy search?

I have implemented fuzzy search, if I only search one single word it works fine, but if I start searching more than one word or a sentence it does not find anything...strange, when I set the relevance for fuzzy search to 20% or very low, something is found but not really that what I want...with relevance set to 80%, nothing is found when I do fuzzy search with multiple words...

Re: fuzzy sentence search

Karl Wettin-3

27 apr 2006 kl. 10.16 skrev Fisheye:

> Is it possible to search sentences, more than one word at a time,
> or phrases
> with fuzzy search?
>
> I have implemented fuzzy search, if I only search one single word
> it works
> fine, but if I start searching more than one word or a sentence it
> does not
> find anything...strange, when I set the relevance for fuzzy search
> to 20% or
> very low, something is found but not really that what I want...with
> relevance set to 80%, nothing is found when I do fuzzy search with
> multiple
> words...

I've implemented a SpanFuzzyQuery. Beware, it is really slow and
can't be made faster. Nothing you want in the hands of the user.

Re: fuzzy sentence search

Fisheye
ok, thanks for the link. I will have a look and see...but if this is really as slow as you describe it, I probably have to accept it like it is and let it.

Re: fuzzy sentence search

Karl Wettin-3

27 apr 2006 kl. 12.45 skrev Fisheye:

> ok, thanks for the link. I will have a look and see...but if this
> is really
> as slow as you describe it, I probably have to accept it like it is
> and let
> it.

You might find this thread interesting:

http://www.nabble.com/Contextual-suggestions-t1372611.html