Quantcast

hit.score

manjula wijewickrema
Hi,

Can someone help me to understand the value given by 'hit.score' in Lucene.
I indexed a single document with five different words with different
frequencies and try to understand this value. However, it doesn't seem to
be normalized term frequency or tf-idf. I am using Lucene 2.91.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Re: hit.score

Adrien Grand
You can use IndexSearcher.explain to see how the score was computed.

Le lun. 27 mars 2017 à 14:46, Manjula Wijewickrema <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me to understand the value given by 'hit.score' in Lucene.
> I indexed a single document with five different words with different
> frequencies and try to understand this value. However, it doesn't seem to
> be normalized term frequency or tf-idf. I am using Lucene 2.91.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.

Re: hit.score

manjula wijewickrema
Thanks Adrien.