Quantcast

how to search a tree node in lucene?

Cristian Lorenzetto
Hi
i might implement a performant solution for searching a tree node, parent
of a node , children of a node.

a simple idea is

save the path to specific node
and searching prefix/suffix...

Is there a specific solution in the lucene libraries for doing it?

Re: how to search a tree node in lucene?

Cristian Lorenzetto
ah right ... facet ?  it isnt?

>:

> Hi
> i might implement a performant solution for searching a tree node, parent
> of a node , children of a node.
>
> a simple idea is
>
> save the path to specific node
> and searching prefix/suffix...
>

> Is there a specific solution in the lucene libraries for doing it?

Re: how to search a tree node in lucene?

Erick Erickson
PathHeirarchyTokenizer?

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Cristian Lorenzetto
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ah right ... facet ?  it isnt?

>>:
>
>> Hi
>> i might implement a performant solution for searching a tree node, parent
>> of a node , children of a node.
>>
>> a simple idea is
>>
>> save the path to specific node
>> and searching prefix/suffix...
>>

>> Is there a specific solution in the lucene libraries for doing it?

Re: how to search a tree node in lucene?

Cristian Lorenzetto
it is lucene or solr? I m using lucene.

> PathHeirarchyTokenizer?
>
> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Cristian Lorenzetto
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > ah right ... facet ?  it isnt?

> >>:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> i might implement a performant solution for searching a tree node,
> parent
> >> of a node , children of a node.
> >>
> >> a simple idea is
> >>
> >> save the path to specific node
> >> and searching prefix/suffix...
> >>

> >> Is there a specific solution in the lucene libraries for doing it?

RE: how to search a tree node in lucene?

Uwe Schindler
Hi,

The idea here is to use a special Tokenizer that creates multiple tokens of Path-like structures (think of file system paths). If your tree and its nodes are organized like this, you can use it to do the task. Doesn't matter if it's Lucene or Solr. Analyzers and their components can be used in both.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen