how to show snippets of search reult

wenjie zheng
I have this general question about how to generate snippets (small piece of
information with search keywords in it) for any search results.

Is it something can be done by Lucene? Or does it require other
algorithms/packages?

Thanks,
Wenjie

Re: how to show snippets of search reult

Erik Hatcher
Have a look at the Highlighter contrib library.  It is used for the
search results here, for example:

        <http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=highlighter>

On Apr 18, 2006, at 1:50 PM, wenjie zheng wrote:

> I have this general question about how to generate snippets (small
> piece of
> information with search keywords in it) for any search results.
>
> Is it something can be done by Lucene? Or does it require other
> algorithms/packages?
>
> Thanks,
> Wenjie

Re: how to show snippets of search reult

wenjie zheng
That's what I need.

Thanks