indexer used in solr

Vivek Singh
HI Team ,
I am new to solr ,wanted to know which indexer is used in apache solr by
default . I am not getting good results.

Vivek Singh.
9818214334

Re: indexer used in solr

Erik Hatcher-4
Vivek -

Can you provide us specific examples of what you’re sending in (and how you are doing so) and how you are querying and what you expect?

        Erik

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 7:34 AM, Vivek Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI Team ,
> I am new to solr ,wanted to know which indexer is used in apache solr by
> default . I am not getting good results.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Vivek Singh.
> 9818214334

Re: indexer used in solr

Shawn Heisey-2
On 6/11/2018 5:34 AM, Vivek Singh wrote:
> I am new to solr ,wanted to know which indexer is used in apache solr by
> default . I am not getting good results.

It's built in.  There is no "which" ... that would imply that there's
more than one choice, and as far as I am aware, once you get right down
to it, all indexing goes through the same code path.

What exactly does "not getting good results" mean?  If you mean that
indexing is too slow, then what you'll need to do to make it faster is
change your indexing program so that it sends multiple indexing requests
in parallel.

Sometimes the reason indexing is slow has nothing to do with Solr at
all.  It often ends up being on the indexing program side, a situation
where the indexing program is unable to retrieve data from the source
system faster than Solr can index it.

If you're using the dataimport handler, that is inherently a
single-threaded process.  There is no way to make it multi-threaded,
other than setting up multiple dataimport handlers in your
configuration, configuring each one to handle a portion of the import,
and running them all at the same time.  The dataimport handler is often
a stop-gap solution that can get you operational, something that gets
replaced with a custom indexing program.

Thanks,
Shawn