is solr dynamic calculation??

satya swaroop-2
Hi All,
         I have a query whether the solr shows the results of documents by
calculating the score on dynamic or is it pre calculating and supplying??..

for example:
    if a query is made on q=solr in my index... i get a results of 25
documents... what is it calculating?? i am very keen to know its way of
calculation of score and ordering of results....

Regards,
satya

Re: is solr dynamic calculation??

Markus Jelsma-2
Both, you should also read about scoring.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_1/scoring.html

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350

Re: is solr dynamic calculation??

satya swaroop-2
Hi Markus,
                As far i gone through the scoring of solr. The scoring is
done during searching on the use of boost values which were given during the
indexing.
I have a query now if i search for a keyword java then
1)if for a term named "java" in index contain 50,000 documents then do solr
calculate the score value for each and every document and filter them and
then sort it and       server results??? if it does the dynamic calculation
for each and every document then it takes a long time, but how can solr
reduced it??
 Am i right??? or if any wrong please tell me???

Regards,
satya