is there any resource for improve lucene index/search performance

is there any resource for improve lucene index/search performance

Li Li
Or where to find any improvement proposal for lucene?
e.g. I want to change the float point multiplication to integer
multiplication or using bitmap for high frequent terms or something
else like this. Is there any place  where I can find any resources or
guys?
thanks.

Re: is there any resource for improve lucene index/search performance

Michael McCandless-2
Lucene's dev list and the issue tracking system is the place for ideas
on improving indexing/search performance.

We are always looking to improve performance.

Switching to int mult, using bitmaps, both sound interesting :)

Mike