jQuery and tabs in example

Erick Erickson
All:

I recently had occasion to work with the Solr example code and VrW and figured out how to put in a tabbed display by letting jQuery do all the work, but that needed a more recent jQuery (I used 1.4.x). Since I'm fresh off that experience and can maybe remember what I just finished doing, do folks think it's worth a Jira or two (that I'd immediately take) for
1> Upgrading the example code to jQuery 1.4.3
2> Using the tabbing capabilities of 1.4 to display the simple, spatial and group by links in a tabbed page to demonstrate?

Let me know

Re: jQuery and tabs in example

Erik Hatcher-4

On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:33 , Erick Erickson wrote:

> All:
>
> I recently had occasion to work with the Solr example code and VrW and figured out how to put in a tabbed display by letting jQuery do all the work, but that needed a more recent jQuery (I used 1.4.x). Since I'm fresh off that experience and can maybe remember what I just finished doing, do folks think it's worth a Jira or two (that I'd immediately take) for
> 1> Upgrading the example code to jQuery 1.4.3

+1

> 2> Using the tabbing capabilities of 1.4 to display the simple, spatial and group by links in a tabbed page to demonstrate?

I'm not too fond of the the tabbed way to demonstrate these features.  Rather, we could create separate layouts and/or browse.vm'ish templates for each different example.  Otherwise, we end up with a cluttered UI that demonstrates everything all at once and is too cluttered to be fun to show off.  Check out how it looks on trunk with the work Grant has done (good work, but getting a bit cluttered and needs to streamlining IMO)

        Erik

Re: jQuery and tabs in example

Erick Erickson
OK, I created two JIRAs for this, one to upgrade jQuery (SOLR-2213) and one to
add an example (SOLR-2214).

I've attached a patch to 2213, I'll get to 2214 "real soon now" (tm).

I can't seem to assign them to myself though, either I'm not seeing the right link or
I'm not authorized. The "Worklog" link along the left tells me that "You don't have
permission to work on this issue" which leads me to believe I'm just a poor
waif with no rights :(.... Could someone either assign them to me?

Thanks
Erick