[jira] [Commented] (TIKA-2673) HtmlEncodingDetector doesn't follow the specification

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jira] [Commented] (TIKA-2673) HtmlEncodingDetector doesn't follow the specification

JIRA jira@apache.org

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2673?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16541906#comment-16541906 ]

Gerard Bouchar commented on TIKA-2673:
--------------------------------------

I made a pull request on github: https://github.com/apache/tika/pull/242

> HtmlEncodingDetector doesn't follow the specification
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TIKA-2673
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2673
>             Project: Tika
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Gerard Bouchar
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: HtmlEncodingDetectorTest.java, StrictHtmlEncodingDetector.tar.gz
>
>
> This bug is linked to TIKA-2671, but does not concern metadata, but rather the bytes-based detection itself.
> While reading the specification, I collected a list of sample cases where HtmlEncodingDetector differs from the specification, and thus fails at detecting the right charset.
> I am attaching the test cases to this issue:



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)