kicking github sync?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

kicking github sync?

Ryan McKinley
It looks like the last github sync was 5 days ago :(

I know this tends to lag the apache mirror, but 5 days is more than usual

Any idea what (if anything) we can do to kick it?

Thanks
ryan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kicking github sync?

Mark Miller-3
Anyone filed an infra ticket? It should be synced close to right away with our git mirror and usually no more than a couple hours on github. Neither are updating properly.

Mark
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like the last github sync was 5 days ago :(

I know this tends to lag the apache mirror, but 5 days is more than usual

Any idea what (if anything) we can do to kick it?

Thanks
ryan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kicking github sync?

Ryan McKinley

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone filed an infra ticket? It should be synced close to right away with our git mirror and usually no more than a couple hours on github. Neither are updating properly.

Mark

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like the last github sync was 5 days ago :(

I know this tends to lag the apache mirror, but 5 days is more than usual

Any idea what (if anything) we can do to kick it?

Thanks
ryan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: kicking github sync?

Ramkumar R. Aiyengar

I have seen this happen before and reached out to infra guys. Invariably it seems to fix by itself at some point, but till then, git svn rebase ends up taking all the memory that's available and dies, whatever they try. There are some known issues with git-svn memory usage on commits to large files, but it has choked in the past on seemingly innocent commits as well. I was never able to reproduce it myself though..

On 10 Feb 2015 17:16, "Ryan McKinley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone filed an infra ticket? It should be synced close to right away with our git mirror and usually no more than a couple hours on github. Neither are updating properly.

Mark

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like the last github sync was 5 days ago :(

I know this tends to lag the apache mirror, but 5 days is more than usual

Any idea what (if anything) we can do to kick it?

Thanks
ryan