lucene version in release 1.1

Stefan Groschupf
Hi,

I wonder which version of lucene is used with solr release 1.1?
I was not able to find any documentation and the jars named like
lucene-core-nightly.jar.
So does anyone has an idea? May be a svn tag or date from lucene?

Thanks.
Stefan

Re: lucene version in release 1.1

Yonik Seeley-2
On 1/31/07, Stefan Groschupf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder which version of lucene is used with solr release 1.1?
> I was not able to find any documentation and the jars named like
> lucene-core-nightly.jar.
> So does anyone has an idea? May be a svn tag or date from lucene?

The nightly build date and subversion revision are in CHANGES.txt

Re: lucene version in release 1.1

Chris Hostetter-3

: The nightly build date and subversion revision are in CHANGES.txt

when looking at the "Solr Info" page for your setup, it will also tell you
the version info from the Lucene jar...

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/registry.jsp

        Lucene Specification Version: nightly
        Lucene Implementation Version: build 2006-11-15

Re: lucene version in release 1.1

Erik Hatcher
Speaking of which, I know we are waiting on some settling of Lucene's
trunk before upgrading, but I'd love to have the *:* QueryParser
syntax.  I had a weird issue where I indexed 50k objects recently
with the basic "text" field schema, and a [* TO *] reported 49999
documents, so I tried -[* TO *] to find the one missing.  It's title:
"To be or not to be".  Ha!

How do you feel about the current Lucene trunk status?

        Erik

On 1/31/07, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Speaking of which, I know we are waiting on some settling of Lucene's
> trunk before upgrading, but I'd love to have the *:* QueryParser
> syntax.  I had a weird issue where I indexed 50k objects recently
> with the basic "text" field schema, and a [* TO *] reported 49999
> documents, so I tried -[* TO *] to find the one missing.  It's title:
> "To be or not to be".  Ha!

Cute.  Also points out an area where we can improve.

> How do you feel about the current Lucene trunk status?

I think it should be relatively stable.  There were a lot of file
format changes that haven't had a lot of time to settle, but since
Solr had it's own large changes (update handlers) that also need time,
I wouldn't be adverse to updating.

I'm considering going for a 2.1 release after Ning's delete-by-term
patch goes in, which should be shortly.

-Yonik