lucene versions

Rick Hillegas-2
Hello,

I'm looking into integrating lucene with derby. I'm just starting out so
I'm afraid I'm going to pepper this list with some newbie questions.

Here's one: The downloadable lucene distribution has rev level 1.4.3 and
was released a year ago according to
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html. However, the FAQ says
there's a 2.0 rev which fixes a problem in multiple-field-searching (see
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-300f0756fdaa71f522c96a868351f716573f2d77).
The FAQ also mentions a 1.9 rev
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-b9a3e0ae5d11e310edb328a949b59dcc02487e26).
I was surprised that the released distribution wasn't more current.
Where can you get the more advanced distributions?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: lucene versions

Chris Hostetter-3

1.4.3 is in fact the last "official" release.

docs that refer to 2.0 or 1.9 are refering the the proposed next release.
When they refer to bugs fixes or features added in 2.0 or in 1.9 they are
refering to the code currently available in the trunk of subversion.

An explanation of the distinction between 2.0 and 1.9 can be found on the
wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Lucene2Whiteboard

  Release Migration Plan

  Immediately prior to release 2.0 will be release 1.9, which will include
  all of the new 2.0 APIs, and all of the now-deprecated 1.x API's. 2.0
  will be identical to 1.9, but with all deprecated APIs removed. To port an
  application to 2.0 one should first compile it against 1.9. Once it
  compiles against 1.9 without deprecation warnings, it should be 2.0
  compatible.

: Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:51:23 -0700
: From: Rick Hillegas <[hidden email]>
: To: [hidden email]
: Subject: lucene versions
:
: Hello,
:
[...]
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
:

Re: lucene versions

Rick Hillegas-2
Thanks, Chris.