[lucy-dev] Clownfish 0.6.2 release

Nick Wellnhofer
Lucifers,

A change in the upcoming release of Perl 5.28 requires a fix to Clownfish. See

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOWNFISH-118

Perl 5.28 is scheduled to be released in April 2018 but I'd like to get a fix
out as soon as possible. A new Lucy release shouldn't be necessary.

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] Clownfish 0.6.2 release

Marvin Humphrey
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Nick Wellnhofer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lucifers,
>
> A change in the upcoming release of Perl 5.28 requires a fix to Clownfish.
> See
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOWNFISH-118
>
> Perl 5.28 is scheduled to be released in April 2018 but I'd like to get a
> fix out as soon as possible. A new Lucy release shouldn't be necessary.

+1 Thanks, Nick!  The fix looks good to me.  This part of the code
results in massive failure if it breaks. The results aren't subtle.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Clownfish 0.6.2 release

Peter Karman
Nick Wellnhofer wrote on 11/14/17 9:27 AM:
> Lucifers,
>
> A change in the upcoming release of Perl 5.28 requires a fix to Clownfish. See
>
>      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOWNFISH-118
>
> Perl 5.28 is scheduled to be released in April 2018 but I'd like to get a fix
> out as soon as possible. A new Lucy release shouldn't be necessary.

+1 thanks for fixing that Nick.

--
Peter Karman  .  https://karpet.github.io  .  https://keybase.io/peterkarman