[lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

[lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Peter Karman
Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of moving
Lucy to the Apache Attic.

[+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
[ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
[-1] Keep the flame alive!

This is my +1.

[0] https://attic.apache.org/process.html

Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Nathan Kurz-2
0, but I could be easily convinced to +1 if another vote is needed.

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Peter Karman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of
> moving Lucy to the Apache Attic.
>
> [+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
> [ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
> [-1] Keep the flame alive!
>

> This is my +1.
>
> [0] https://attic.apache.org/process.html

> Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Dan Markham
+1
:(
-Dan

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 6:31 PM Nathan Kurz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 0, but I could be easily convinced to +1 if another vote is needed.
>
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Peter Karman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of
> > moving Lucy to the Apache Attic.
> >
> > [+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
> > [ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
> > [-1] Keep the flame alive!
> >

> > This is my +1.
> >
> > [0] https://attic.apache.org/process.html
> >
> > --
> > Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .
> https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Nick Wellnhofer
On 08/05/2018 23:56, Peter Karman wrote:
> Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of
> moving Lucy to the Apache Attic.
>
> [+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
> [ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
> [-1] Keep the flame alive!

+0

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Simon Willnauer-4
+1 binding

> On 8. May 2018, at 23:56, Peter Karman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of moving Lucy to the Apache Attic.
>
> [+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
> [ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
> [-1] Keep the flame alive!
>

> This is my +1.
>
> [0] https://attic.apache.org/process.html

> Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Marvin Humphrey

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Dan Markham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> :(

Nick, Nate, Dan,

I've been so fortunate to collaborate with you and learn from you.
Nate, you are incandescent and humane. Dan, having you find me to work
for you has been my greatest professional windfall. Nick, your code
contributions to this project are so substantial and so strong, so
easy and so worthwhile to review! I wanted to hear from you before
casting my vote.

There's never perfect closure, but I agree with Peter that an orderly
wind-down, coming together before parting ways, is a good ending.  So,
with a mix of quiet contentment and melancholy...

+1 to retire Lucy.

Marvin Humphrey

[lucy-dev] [RESULTS] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Peter Karman
After 6 days, the VOTE to retire the Apache Lucy project passes:

+1 from Peter, Dan, Simon, Marvin
  0 from Nick, Nathan

Thanks for participating, in both the project and this VOTE thread.

pek

--
Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/