[lucy-user] Building lucy for c

serkanmulayim@gmail.com
Hi guys,

I have a question on building lucy library.

The way that I build it is,
1- I first build clownfish compiler and runtime.
2- create a folder <Project>/clownfish
3- create 3 folders in <Project>/clownfish
bin (contains cfc)
lib (contains clownfish dynamic library)
share (contains clownfish/runtime/c/autogen/share folder)

then during the configure procedure I put
--clownfish-prefix=<Project>/clownfish.

I believe there should be another way to build Lucy. What should I enter as
--clownfish-prefix parameter?

Thanks in advance,
Serkan

Re: [lucy-user] Building lucy for c

Nick Wellnhofer
On 20/12/2016 23:40, Serkan Mulayim wrote:
> The way that I build it is,
> 1- I first build clownfish compiler and runtime.
> 2- create a folder <Project>/clownfish
> 3- create 3 folders in <Project>/clownfish
> bin (contains cfc)
> lib (contains clownfish dynamic library)
> share (contains clownfish/runtime/c/autogen/share folder)

This should work, but there are install scripts in the runtime/c directory
that help you with that.

> then during the configure procedure I put
> --clownfish-prefix=<Project>/clownfish.
>
> I believe there should be another way to build Lucy. What should I enter as
> --clownfish-prefix parameter?

That's the correct procedure. What makes you think there should be another way?

Nick

Re: [lucy-user] Building lucy for c

serkanmulayim@gmail.com
Hi Nick,

I assumed all the structure would be resolved during Lucy's Makefile
generation. Apparently you solved this with install scripts.

Thanks for your response (as always)
Serkan

On 21/12/2016 23:48, Serkan Mulayim wrote:
> I assumed all the structure would be resolved during Lucy's Makefile
> generation. Apparently you solved this with install scripts.

Yes, since we build the C bindings with our custom build system, install
scripts were the easiest solution to get started. My longer term plan is to
merge the installation scripts into the generated Makefile, so `make install`
will work.

Nick