[lucy-user] Compiling Lucy

Jon McLachlan
Hey folks,

  My friends and I are trying to compile Lucy to try out a few ideas, but keep running into a snag.  We’re interested in the “loose c” implementation, lucy, so, under the c directory, we first,

./configure --clownfish-prefix=~/clownfish-install

  And then,

$ make
~/clownfish-install/bin/cfc --source=../core --include=~/clownfish-install/share/clownfish/include --dest=autogen --header=cfc_header
Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found
make: *** [autogen/hierarchy.json] Error 1

  As you can see, it’s a Clownfish parcel issues of some kind, and I'm not sure how to help it find what it’s missing.  Just for full disclosure, I have origin/master of both Lucy (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git>) and Clownfish (https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git <https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git>), and as far as I can tell, with a successful perl and c build and install if Clownfish at, ~/clownfish-install.

  Any insight would be most appreciated.

Take Care,
Jon

Re: [lucy-user] Compiling Lucy

Nick Wellnhofer
On 01/02/2015 19:36, Jon McLachlan wrote:

>    My friends and I are trying to compile Lucy to try out a few ideas, but keep running into a snag.  We’re interested in the “loose c” implementation, lucy, so, under the c directory, we first,
>
> ./configure --clownfish-prefix=~/clownfish-install
>
>    And then,
>
> $ make
> ~/clownfish-install/bin/cfc --source=../core --include=~/clownfish-install/share/clownfish/include --dest=autogen --header=cfc_header
> Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found
> make: *** [autogen/hierarchy.json] Error 1
>
>    As you can see, it’s a Clownfish parcel issues of some kind, and I'm not sure how to help it find what it’s missing.  Just for full disclosure, I have origin/master of both Lucy (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy.git>) and Clownfish (https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git <https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish.git>), and as far as I can tell, with a successful perl and c build and install if Clownfish at, ~/clownfish-install.
>
>    Any insight would be most appreciated.

I also ran into this issue a couple of times. The reason is that tilde
expansion isn't working. Try

     ./configure --clownfish-prefix=$HOME/clownfish-install

Nick