[lucy-user] Lucy retirement

Peter Karman
The Lucy project has been 'moved to the Attic'.

This means that the Lucy developers (more formally its Project Management
Committee) have voted[1] to retire Lucy and move the responsibility for its
oversight over to the Attic project.

Loosely speaking this means that the projects resources will be moved to a
read-only state.

You can read more about the Apache Attic and the process of moving to the Attic
at http://attic.apache.org.

Thanks.

pek

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fd5532bbec1fef48894b9f88d6b1b38e68d3875f5dc5db3bd80ce21a@%3Cdev.lucy.apache.org%3E

Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-user] Lucy retirement

Ashley Pond V
I'm sorry to ask but the thread linked and recent threads in my mail
don't explain why this choice is made or why it's close to unanimous.

Is there a thread with backstory or a tl;dr you could provide here?

[lucy-user] Thank you guy! Re: [lucy-user] Lucy retirement

arjan
Dear Marvin, Peter, Nick and others,

I am a long time user of Lucy and of Kinosearch before that. So I just
wanted to say: thank you!

Kind regards,

Arjan.

Arjan Widlak wrote on 7/13/18 5:13 AM:
> Dear Marvin, Peter, Nick and others,
>
> I am a long time user of Lucy and of Kinosearch before that. So I just wanted to
> say: thank you!
>
> Kind regards,

Arjan,

You're welcome. As noted in that dev@ thread, working on Lucy/KS and with this