[lucy-user] "Parcel 'Clownfish' " not found on install?

[lucy-user] "Parcel 'Clownfish' " not found on install?

Jason McIntosh
Hi Lucy folks,

My attempts to build version 0.4.0 of Lucy fails with the following message:

> Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found at /Users/jmac/.perlbrew/libs/perl-5.18.1@jmac/lib/perl5/darwin-2level/Clownfish/CFC/Perl/Build.pm line 223.

I have Clownfish 0.4.0 installed.

Given the name of the module voicing the complaint (Clownfish::CFC::Perl::Build, apparently), I rather read this as Clownfish complaining that it cannot locate itself, which seems a bit odd…?

Googling the message reveals some GitHub chatter from last spring, but since I don’t know what’s transpired within the Lucy project’s source between then and this most recent release I hesitate to conclude anything from that.

So, I’m left unsure what this message means, or what I can do about it. Assistance in this matter would be quite appreciated. Thanks!

--
Jason McIntosh

http://jmac.org • [hidden email] • @JmacDotOrg

Re: [lucy-user] "Parcel 'Clownfish' " not found on install?

Marvin Humphrey
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Jason McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My attempts to build version 0.4.0 of Lucy fails with the following message:
>
>> Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found at
>> /Users/jmac/.perlbrew/libs/perl-5.18.1@jmac/lib/perl5/darwin-2level/Clownfish/CFC/Perl/Build.pm
>> line 223.

I suspect a bug in Clownfish which has been fixed by this commit:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy-clownfish.git;a=commitdiff;h=d8cdbb22a8b86824b77c9013c73d605736bc9fc7

A filter intended to avoid descending into hidden directories was too greedy
and excluded any path which had a hidden component -- in this case
`.perlbrew`.

To solve the problem, I believe you'll need a patched version of
Clownfish::CFC.

  git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy-clownfish.git clownfish
  cd clownfish/compiler/perl
  git checkout 0.4
  perl Build.PL
  ./Build test
  ./Build install

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-user] "Parcel 'Clownfish' " not found on install?

Peter Karman
Jason McIntosh wrote on 9/16/14, 12:12 PM:

> Hi Lucy folks,
>
> My attempts to build version 0.4.0 of Lucy fails with the following message:
>
>> Parcel 'Clownfish' required by 'Lucy' not found at
>> /Users/jmac/.perlbrew/libs/perl-5.18.1@jmac/lib/perl5/darwin-2level/Clownfish/CFC/Perl/Build.pm
>> line 223.
>
> I have Clownfish 0.4.0 installed.
>
> Given the name of the module voicing the complaint
> (Clownfish::CFC::Perl::Build, apparently), I rather read this as Clownfish
> complaining that it cannot locate itself, which seems a bit odd…?

I had this same error when installing via CPAN. Not sure if it was the hidden
directory bug Marvin pointed out or not. In any case, it seemed to be related to
@INC because re-running the cpan install command worked, since Clownfish was
then in the expected @INC path.

--
Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  [hidden email]

Re: [lucy-user] "Parcel 'Clownfish' " not found on install?

Hernan Lopes
I also had that error today, on a fresh arch install with perlbrew 5.20.1.
I cpanm Lucy::Simple and got that error. After that, i cpanm Lucy and got
no error. No idea what was the reason for error showup.