migrating cores with Solr upgrade

Piyush Kumar Nayak
Hi,

What is the best way to migrate cores from an old version of Solr (say 5.x) to a newer version (say 7.x). I did not find anything pertinent to the matter in the Solr reference guide.
Is there a tool that can do that seamlessly?

Regards,
Piyush.

Re: migrating cores with Solr upgrade

Erick Erickson
Lucene does not guarantee back comparability over two major versions, so
I'd recommend completely reinde

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018, 02:02 Piyush Kumar Nayak <[hidden email]
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to migrate cores from an old version of Solr (say
> 5.x) to a newer version (say 7.x). I did not find anything pertinent to the
> matter in the Solr reference guide.
> Is there a tool that can do that seamlessly?
>
> Regards,
> Piyush.

Re: migrating cores with Solr upgrade

Erick Erickson
Oops fumble fingers. Anyway I'd recommend completely reindexing into a new
collection.