monitor jvm heap size for solrcloud

Joshi, Shital
We have SolrCloud cluster (5 shards and 2 replicas) on 10 boxes. While running stress tests, we want to monitor JVM heap size across 10 nodes. Is there a utility which would connect to all nodes' jmx port and display all bean details for the cloud?

Thanks!

Re: monitor jvm heap size for solrcloud

Ali, Saqib
You can use SPM (i think):
http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Joshi, Shital <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have SolrCloud cluster (5 shards and 2 replicas) on 10 boxes. While
> running stress tests, we want to monitor JVM heap size across 10 nodes. Is
> there a utility which would connect to all nodes' jmx port and display all
> bean details for the cloud?
>
> Thanks!

Re: monitor jvm heap size for solrcloud

bbarani

Re: monitor jvm heap size for solrcloud

Utkarsh Sengar
We have been using newrelic (they have a free plan too) and gives all
needed info like: jvm heap usage in eden space, survivor space and old gen.
Garbage collection info, detailed info about the solr requests and its
response times, error rates etc.

I highly recommend using newrelic to monitor your solr cluster:
http://blog.newrelic.com/2010/05/11/got-apache-solr-search-server-use-rpm-to-monitor-troubleshoot-and-tune-solr-operations/

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

-Utkarsh

RE: monitor jvm heap size for solrcloud

Joshi, Shital
Thanks for all answers. We decided to use VisualVM with multiple remote connections.