Quantcast

morelikethis - "stored=true" is necessary?

morelikethis - "stored=true" is necessary?

zqzuk
Hi all
I am learning to use morelikethis handler, which seems very straightforward but I got some problems when testing and I wonder if you could help me.

In my schema I have

<field name="page_content" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false" required="false" multiValued="false" termVectors="true"/>

With this schema when I use the query parameter
mlt.fl=page_content

The returned XML results in the "moreLiksThis" section shows similarity scores of "0" for all documents. However it is not the case for fields that define "stored=true". Does it mean I must set "stored=true" for MLT to work?

Also, does "multivalued" has an effect on the result?

Thanks!

Re: morelikethis - "stored=true" is necessary?

Markus Jelsma
The following table [1] will be most helpful! Keep it referenced!

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase

On Thursday 02 September 2010 13:20:33 zqzuk wrote:

> Hi all
> I am learning to use morelikethis handler, which seems very straightforward
> but I got some problems when testing and I wonder if you could help me.
>
> In my schema I have
>
> <field name="page_content" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
> required="false" multiValued="false" termVectors="true"/>
>
> With this schema when I use the query parameter
> mlt.fl=page_content
>
> The returned XML results in the "moreLiksThis" section shows similarity
> scores of "0" for all documents. However it is not the case for fields that
> define "stored=true". Does it mean I must set "stored=true" for MLT to
>  work?
>
> Also, does "multivalued" has an effect on the result?
>

> Thanks!

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350