Quantcast

mvn building empty jar

Otis Gospodnetic-2

Hello,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just spotted the following when I did:

mvn clean jar:jar
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!
[INFO] Building jar: /home/otis/workspace/asf-mahout/target/mahout-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

I do get a non-empty jar built here:
/home/otis/workspace/asf-mahout/core/target/mahout-core-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

But the target/ one is empty, and presumably it shouldn't be built at all.

Otis

Re: mvn building empty jar

Grant Ingersoll-2
I doubt jar:jar will work from the top level.  But should from the
lower level ones that are actually JAR type.

On May 1, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just spotted the following
> when I did:
>
> mvn clean jar:jar
> [INFO] [jar:jar]
> [WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!
> [INFO] Building jar: /home/otis/workspace/asf-mahout/target/
> mahout-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> I do get a non-empty jar built here:
> /home/otis/workspace/asf-mahout/core/target/mahout-core-0.2-
> SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> But the target/ one is empty, and presumably it shouldn't be built
> at all.
>

> Otis
> --
> Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: mvn building empty jar

Otis Gospodnetic-2

I did it from the top level, actually.  It worked, created the good jar, but also that empty one.

Otis