nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Michael McCandless-2
Anyone know what's up with this one?

solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/core/SolrCore.java:      // nocommit:
why did solrconfig override core descriptor !?

Can we remove it?  Change to TODO?

Mike

Re: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Mark Miller-3
Removed - added it while working on solrcloud, then made an issue to
make the behavior change (and committed), but forgot to remove the
nocommit from the cloud patch before committing.

- Mark

On 10/24/10 6:55 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Anyone know what's up with this one?
>
> solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/core/SolrCore.java:      // nocommit:
> why did solrconfig override core descriptor !?
>
> Can we remove it?  Change to TODO?
>
> Mike

Re: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Michael McCandless-2
Super, thanks!

Now we are nocommit-free on trunk & 3.x.

Mike

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Removed - added it while working on solrcloud, then made an issue to
> make the behavior change (and committed), but forgot to remove the
> nocommit from the cloud patch before committing.
>
> - Mark
>
> On 10/24/10 6:55 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>> Anyone know what's up with this one?
>>
>> solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/core/SolrCore.java:      // nocommit:
>> why did solrconfig override core descriptor !?
>>
>> Can we remove it?  Change to TODO?
>>
>> Mike

Re: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Chris Hostetter-3

: Now we are nocommit-free on trunk & 3.x.

FWIW: we can make hudson fail the build if "nocommit" is found anywhere in
the source.

Just an idea if people are intersted.

Re: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Michael McCandless-2
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Chris Hostetter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> : Now we are nocommit-free on trunk & 3.x.
>
> FWIW: we can make hudson fail the build if "nocommit" is found anywhere in
> the source.
>
> Just an idea if people are intersted.

+1!

I can do this easily w/ Python... but does hudson have something
builtin to do things like this already?

Or we can make it a real unit test, which crawls the sources if they
are available, and fails if it finds a nocommit.  This way we'd see
the failure before committing...

Mike

RE: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java

Uwe Schindler
It has, it already tracks all nocommits and displays them in a list (seems
to be currently broken). You can also fail the build.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Chris Hostetter
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > : Now we are nocommit-free on trunk & 3.x.
> >
> > FWIW: we can make hudson fail the build if "nocommit" is found
> > anywhere in the source.
> >
> > Just an idea if people are intersted.
>
> +1!
>
> I can do this easily w/ Python... but does hudson have something builtin
to do
> things like this already?
>
> Or we can make it a real unit test, which crawls the sources if they are
> available, and fails if it finds a nocommit.  This way we'd see the
failure before
> committing...
>
> Mike

Re: nocommit committed in SolrCore.java