nutch/hadoop parameters for optimal performance

nutch/hadoop parameters for optimal performance

Hilkiah Lavinier
Ok guys,

I once again need some advice here.  I have 4 dual proc quad core 1.8 xeon servers, each server has 4gb ram and runs linux.  I am using nutch svn (build #334 i think) and am using hadoop dfs.  I need to know what parameters I can set to get the optimal performance from these servers.  I  have a seed list of about 10,000 urls (ignore external link will be set to true).  My goal is to crawl in the shortest period of time.  Furthermore I intend to run one crawl (depth 5) and thus have one index.

What advice would you give in terms of this approach and also in terms of nutch/hadoop variables/parameters and their settings.

Regards,

Hilkiah G. Lavinier MEng (Hons), ACGI
6 Winston Lane,
Goodwill,
Roseau, Dominica
Mbl: (767) 275 3382
Hm : (767) 440 3924
Fax: (767) 440 4991
VoIP USA: (646) 432 4487

Email: [hidden email]
Email: [hidden email]
IM: Yahoo hilkiah / MSN [hidden email]
IM: ICQ #8978201  / AOL hilkiah21

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs