nutch vs hadoop versions

Kenji-10
Does anybody know when/how the nutch would catch up with the hadoop
versions?  Currently the nutch trunk uses hadoop 0.15.0, and result in a
runtime no-method error when run with the .17 hadoop.  We need to use
the 0.17.0 for our hbase applications.

Thanks.

-Kenji Kawai

Re: nutch vs hadoop versions

Andrzej Białecki-2
Kenji Kawai wrote:
> Does anybody know when/how the nutch would catch up with the hadoop
> versions?  Currently the nutch trunk uses hadoop 0.15.0, and result in a
> runtime no-method error when run with the .17 hadoop.  We need to use
> the 0.17.0 for our hbase applications.

We try to upgrade Nutch to the latest official release of Hadoop soon
after it becomes available. Yesterday it was 0.15.3, today it's 0.16.0
;) so in a couple days we will upgrade to that. 0.17 is still under
development, so we don't plan to upgrade Nutch to this version until
it's released or very close to be released.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: nutch vs hadoop versions

Dennis Kubes-2
Ah, time to upgrade to 0.16 :)  I will put it through the tests and some
fetch cycles.  I was seeing some weird errors with 0.17 though for
injecting with no urls passing filtering, I want to make sure these
aren't there for 0.16.

Dennis