Quantcast

on getting back LUCENE-6212 behaviour ;) , Re: On LUCENE-5611 and 6.4.1

on getting back LUCENE-6212 behaviour ;) , Re: On LUCENE-5611 and 6.4.1

Ľuboš Koščo
D'oh !!!

OK, I see where this happened, we were leveraging this:

So changing the subject - can I get 6212 behaviour back in latest lucene somehow ???

Resp. what I am doing now is to use the fields setTokenStream
to have its own tokenstream per doc ...
does the tokenstream need to be private, or can one instance be reused ?

thnx

On 17 February 2017 at 09:27, Ľuboš Koščo <[hidden email]> wrote:
One more Q before I can work on tests

how does recent lucene pick appropriate analyzer for the doc?
Were you doing some changes in that area since 4.7.1 ?
(if we decide the indexing chain didn't influence this and still uses analyzer properly picked)
(I checked changelogs and didn't find any suspicious change in that area ... )

thnx

On 11 February 2017 at 00:47, Michael McCandless <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you make a small standalone test case showing what used to work
and what no longer works?

I don't think that issue was supposed to alter how IndexWriter
interacts with the analysis chain.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com