opened files

Daniel Cortes
Hi luceners, I want to know how many file descriptors you can have.
My lucene version is 1.4.3.
Now I have obtained a lot of Too many open files, I think that the
problem is produced by another thing because I work only with to indexs
and now it isn't big (10 MB).
For this reason I want to ask you how large is your index and  open file
descriptors you have, and how many memory you are using.

We can be some stadistics about lucene users :D

Thks for any replies.

Re: opened files

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Daniel,

The number of open files depends on several factors.  The formula for calculating the number of open files is in Lucene in Action.  It depends on the number of segments, index files, and indexed fields.  Page 401.

Otis