patch to fix NPE in Daemon.getRunnable()

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

patch to fix NPE in Daemon.getRunnable()

Paul E. Baclace
An obvious fix; I also set the name of the Thread which is needed for debugging
clean-shutdown of daemons.

This NPE is seen when calling DataNode.shutdown().

Paul

DaemonNPEbugfix.patch (752 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

searching return 0 hit

Michael Ji
Somehow, I found my search engine didn't show the
result, even I can see the index from LukeAll. ( It
works fine before )

I replace ROOT.WAR file in tomcat by nutch's and
launch tomcat in nutch's segment directory ( parallel
to index subdir )

Should I reinstall Tomcat? Or will that be nutch's
indexing issue? My system is running in Linux.

thanks,

Michael Ji,
-----------------

051019 215411 11 query: com
051019 215411 11 searching for 20 raw hits
051019 215411 11 total hits: 0
051019 215449 12 query request from 65.34.213.205
051019 215449 12 query: net
051019 215449 12 searching for 20 raw hits



               
__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: searching return 0 hit

Gal Nitzan
Hi Michael,

At least on my side every time I run index, I must stop server and than
tomcat and than re start first server than tomcat.

I have asked about this twice in this list but nobody answered.

I'm not sure it is the same issue, but try it.

Regards,

Gal.


Michael Ji wrote:

> Somehow, I found my search engine didn't show the
> result, even I can see the index from LukeAll. ( It
> works fine before )
>
> I replace ROOT.WAR file in tomcat by nutch's and
> launch tomcat in nutch's segment directory ( parallel
> to index subdir )
>
> Should I reinstall Tomcat? Or will that be nutch's
> indexing issue? My system is running in Linux.
>
> thanks,
>
> Michael Ji,
> -----------------
>
> 051019 215411 11 query: com
> 051019 215411 11 searching for 20 raw hits
> 051019 215411 11 total hits: 0
> 051019 215449 12 query request from 65.34.213.205
> 051019 215449 12 query: net
> 051019 215449 12 searching for 20 raw hits
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
>
> .
>
>  


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: searching return 0 hit

Michael Ji
hi Gal:

I Do stop tomcat before I do indexing. And restart
tomcat after.

I am not sure what the first server you mentioned
here. The Linux box in my case?

thanks,

Michael Ji,

--- Gal Nitzan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> At least on my side every time I run index, I must
> stop server and than
> tomcat and than re start first server than tomcat.
>
> I have asked about this twice in this list but
> nobody answered.
>
> I'm not sure it is the same issue, but try it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gal.
>
>
> Michael Ji wrote:
> > Somehow, I found my search engine didn't show the
> > result, even I can see the index from LukeAll. (
> It
> > works fine before )
> >
> > I replace ROOT.WAR file in tomcat by nutch's and
> > launch tomcat in nutch's segment directory (
> parallel
> > to index subdir )
> >
> > Should I reinstall Tomcat? Or will that be nutch's
> > indexing issue? My system is running in Linux.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Michael Ji,
> > -----------------
> >
> > 051019 215411 11 query: com
> > 051019 215411 11 searching for 20 raw hits
> > 051019 215411 11 total hits: 0
> > 051019 215449 12 query request from 65.34.213.205
> > 051019 215449 12 query: net
> > 051019 215449 12 searching for 20 raw hits
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > __________________________________
> > Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> > Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
> > http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
> >
> > .
> >
> >  
>
>
>



               
__________________________________
Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: searching return 0 hit

elmer
how about manager reload?

On 10/19/05, Michael Ji <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> hi Gal:
>
> I Do stop tomcat before I do indexing. And restart
> tomcat after.
>
> I am not sure what the first server you mentioned
> here. The Linux box in my case?
>
> thanks,
>
> Michael Ji,
>
> --- Gal Nitzan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > At least on my side every time I run index, I must
> > stop server and than
> > tomcat and than re start first server than tomcat.
> >
> > I have asked about this twice in this list but
> > nobody answered.
> >
> > I'm not sure it is the same issue, but try it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Gal.
> >
> >
> > Michael Ji wrote:
> > > Somehow, I found my search engine didn't show the
> > > result, even I can see the index from LukeAll. (
> > It
> > > works fine before )
> > >
> > > I replace ROOT.WAR file in tomcat by nutch's and
> > > launch tomcat in nutch's segment directory (
> > parallel
> > > to index subdir )
> > >
> > > Should I reinstall Tomcat? Or will that be nutch's
> > > indexing issue? My system is running in Linux.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > >
> > > Michael Ji,
> > > -----------------
> > >
> > > 051019 215411 11 query: com
> > > 051019 215411 11 searching for 20 raw hits
> > > 051019 215411 11 total hits: 0
> > > 051019 215449 12 query request from 65.34.213.205<http://65.34.213.205>
> > > 051019 215449 12 query: net
> > > 051019 215449 12 searching for 20 raw hits
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > __________________________________
> > > Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> > > Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
> > > http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
> > >
> > > .
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________
> Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
>



--
Elmer Rivera
Linux User #379418
http://www.vizcayano.com

Stop Software Patents: http://noepatents.eu.org/

"In a world without fences or walls, there's no need for Gates or Windows."