php client. json communication

Julian Davchev
Hi,
I am about to integrate solr for index/search of my documents/data.
It's php application but I see it should be no problem as solr works
with xml by default.
Is there any read php lib that will ease/help whole communication with
solr and if possible to send/receive json data.

I looked up archive list and seems not many discussions in php. Also
from manual it seems that it can only get json response but request
should always be xml.
Cheers,

Re: php client. json communication

KishoreVeleti Office
Check out this link http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-php-apachesolr/index.html

If anyone of you used it can you share your experiences.

Thanks,
Kishore Veleti A.V.K.

Julian Davchev wrote
Hi,
I am about to integrate solr for index/search of my documents/data.
It's php application but I see it should be no problem as solr works
with xml by default.
Is there any read php lib that will ease/help whole communication with
solr and if possible to send/receive json data.

I looked up archive list and seems not many discussions in php. Also
from manual it seems that it can only get json response but request
should always be xml.
Cheers,

RE: php client. json communication

Plaatje, Patrick
Or have a look at the Wiki, probably a better way to start:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolPHP

Best,

Patrick

Just trying to help
http://www.ipros.nl/

Julian Davchev wrote:

> Hi,
> I am about to integrate solr for index/search of my documents/data.
> It's php application but I see it should be no problem as solr works
> with xml by default.
> Is there any read php lib that will ease/help whole communication with

> solr and if possible to send/receive json data.
>
> I looked up archive list and seems not many discussions in php. Also
> from manual it seems that it can only get json response but request
> should always be xml.
> Cheers,

Re: php client. json communication

Julian Davchev
Hi,
1. Thanks for links, I looked at both. Still I think that solr ....or at
least those php clients doesn't support jason as input.
It's clear that it's possible to get json response.....but search is
only possible via xml queries.

Plaatje, Patrick wrote:

> Or have a look at the Wiki, probably a better way to start:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolPHP
>
> Best,
>
> Patrick

> Just trying to help
> http://www.ipros.nl/

Hi Julian,

I'm a bit confused. The indexing is indeed being done through XML, but
in searching it is possible to get JSON results by using the wt=json
parameter, have a look here:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolJSON

Best,

Patrick

Plaatje, Patrick wrote:

> Or have a look at the Wiki, probably a better way to start:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolPHP
>
> Best,
>
> Patrick

> Just trying to help
> http://www.ipros.nl/

I think I got it now. Search request is actually just simple url with
few params...no json or xml or fancy stuff needed.
I was concerned with this cause I need to use solr with javascript
directly, bypassing application and directly searching stuff.

Plaatje, Patrick wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> I'm a bit confused. The indexing is indeed being done through XML, but
> in searching it is possible to get JSON results by using the wt=json
> parameter, have a look here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolJSON
>
> Best,
>
> Patrick

Glad that's sorted. On the other issue (directly accessing solr from any
client) I think I saw a discussion on the list earlier, but I don't know
what the result was, browse through the archives and look for something
about security (I think).

Best,

patrick