query keyword but no result (solr 8)

Derrick Cui
Hi,

I am trying to setup solrcloud, I can index a few documents successfully.
but I cannot get result if I search keyword(without field). if I use
field:keyword, I can get result.

any idea why I get this issue?

Thank you

Derrick Cui
Email: [hidden email]

Re: query keyword but no result (solr 8)

Charles Sanders
Derrick,
This makes me think you do not have a default query field identified. Look in your solrcong.xml file for the requesthandler you are calling and see if it has the "df" parameter set. Should look something like:
<str name="df">text</str>

Hope this helps!