question regarding Field.Index.UN_TOKENZED

question regarding Field.Index.UN_TOKENZED

vannguyen0
I'm storing a field in an index with that option
(Field.Index.UN_TOKENZIED).

The String that is being stored is: NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT (all uppercase)

When I try a wildcard query against that field, it only produces results
if the query term is capitalized.

I'm using the StandardAnalyzer class as my analyzer.  I've also tried
using the KeywordAnalyzer, but that doesn't return the results I was
looking for.

Is there an analyzer that tokenizes the whole field and is not case
sensitive or is there a way to store a term with the UN_TOKENIZED option
(needs to be UN_TOKENIZED for sorting purposes) and search against that
field ignoring the case?

Re: question regarding Field.Index.UN_TOKENZED

Chris Hostetter-3

: I'm storing a field in an index with that option
: (Field.Index.UN_TOKENZIED).

the key to understanding your problem, is to realize that...

        UN_TOKENIZED == Not Analyzed

...personally, i think name of the constant is missleading.

: The String that is being stored is: NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT (all uppercase)

: When I try a wildcard query against that field, it only produces results
: if the query term is capitalized.

that's because the term you've put in the index in capitalized.

Re: question regarding Field.Index.UN_TOKENZED

Ramesh Salla
Are you using the StandardAnalyzer at the time of Indexing?
which one do u use at the time of Querying?

Ramesh Reddy