searched terms frequency question

john smith-85
Hi

Each document found in a Lucene index contains scoring information
however it doesn't provide (in the same easy way as scoring) an
information about a number of occurrences of searched terms in its contents.
Using Lucene API I can check each searched term against its frequecies
in each found document but I want to be sure that there is no better way
to get information about frequences of searched terms in (each) found
document.

Regards
John S.