searched terms frequency question

john smith-85
Hi

Each document found in a Lucene index contains scoring information however
it doesn't provide (in the same easy way as scoring) an information about a
number of occurrences of searched terms in its contents.
Using Lucene API I can check each searched term against its frequecies in
each found document but I want to be sure that there is no better way to get
information about frequences of searched terms in (each) found document.

Regards
John S.

Re: searched terms frequency question

Michael McCandless-2

There was a similar question recently on java-user (I haven't tried to
find it).

I think to do this efficiently it'd be best to make your own Query
impl that tracks this information as its scoring.

Mike