searching remote indexes

Venkatraman S
Hi,

[I am new to Solr].

How do i search remote indexes using Solr? I am not able to find suitable
documentation on this - can you guys guide me?

Regards,
Venkat

Re: searching remote indexes

Venkatraman S
resending due to lack of response :
[We are using embedded solr 1.2 ]

I need a mechanism by which i can search over 3 remote indexes? Can i use
the Lucene remote apis to access the index created via Embedded solr?

-Venkat

On 9/4/07, Venkatraman S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [I am new to Solr].
>
> How do i search remote indexes using Solr? I am not able to find suitable
> documentation on this - can you guys guide me?
>
> Regards,
> Venkat

Re: searching remote indexes

Mike Klaas
Solr's main interface is http, so you can connect to that remotely.
Query each machine and combine the results using you own business logic.

Alternatively, you can try out the query distribution code being
developed in
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-303>

-Mike

On 28-Sep-07, at 1:59 AM, Venkatraman S wrote:

> resending due to lack of response :
> [We are using embedded solr 1.2 ]
>
> I need a mechanism by which i can search over 3 remote indexes? Can
> i use
> the Lucene remote apis to access the index created via Embedded solr?
>
> -Venkat
>
> On 9/4/07, Venkatraman S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> [I am new to Solr].
>>
>> How do i search remote indexes using Solr? I am not able to find
>> suitable
>> documentation on this - can you guys guide me?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Venkat

Re: searching remote indexes

Venkatraman S
Well, we do not have a Solr server and all the calls to index and search
documents is done via Embedded Solr.
What is the approach then?

On 9/28/07, Mike Klaas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Solr's main interface is http, so you can connect to that remotely.
> Query each machine and combine the results using you own business logic.
>
> Alternatively, you can try out the query distribution code being
> developed in
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-303>
>
> -Mike
>
> On 28-Sep-07, at 1:59 AM, Venkatraman S wrote:
>
> > resending due to lack of response :
> > [We are using embedded solr 1.2 ]
> >
> > I need a mechanism by which i can search over 3 remote indexes? Can
> > i use
> > the Lucene remote apis to access the index created via Embedded solr?
> >
> > -Venkat
> >
> > On 9/4/07, Venkatraman S <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> [I am new to Solr].
> >>
> >> How do i search remote indexes using Solr? I am not able to find
> >> suitable
> >> documentation on this - can you guys guide me?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Venkat
> >>
> >> --

Re: searching remote indexes

Ryan McKinley
Using embedded solr, there is no (built in) way to access remote
indexes.  If you want to access remote indexes you need to run a server.

Solr 1.3 (trunk) includes a java client you may want to look at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

If you poke around, this also includes simple ways to run solr with
embedded jetty - letting you run a light weight server.

ryan