sitemap support

Earl Cahill
Not sure what other's thoughts are, but I like google
sitemaps.  I like that they allow sites that aren't
strictly linked.  Just a little bit of freedom.
Anyway, I am thinking of trying to contribute support
for sitemaps and just wondering the best way to go
about it.  To start I am thinking that sitemaps could
just get put in the crawl dir that I just discovered.
Or maybe a config that contains links to sitemaps.

Here is a sitemap faq

http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/faq.html

Thoughts?

Earl