solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

sunnyShiny06
Hi,

I'm using solr1.3 and I would like to know where can I find a place where you have the list of the language managed by solr :
like for greek in the example : org.apache.lucene.analysis.el.GreekAnalyze.

Thanks a lot,

Re: solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

hossman

: I'm using solr1.3 and I would like to know where can I find a place where
: you have the list of the language managed by solr :
: like for greek in the example : org.apache.lucene.analysis.el.GreekAnalyze.

There isn't an explicitly list of langauges supported -- but if you look
at the javadocs, both for Solr and Lucene, you can get a very good sense
of what Tokenizers, TokenFilters, and Analyzers are included with Solr.

There *may* be a few Analayzers in Lucene contribs which are not in Solr
OOTB, but they should be fairly easy to add as plugins...

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/analysis/package-tree.html

Keep in mind some Analysis classes (like SnowballPorterFilterFactory)
actually support many different langauges based on runtime configuration.

Re: solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

sunnyShiny06
Thanks Hoss,

But what about SnowballPorterFilterFactory, which language are took in consideration ?
Italian, Dutch, Portuguese ? What else?
Thanks

hossman wrote
: I'm using solr1.3 and I would like to know where can I find a place where
: you have the list of the language managed by solr :
: like for greek in the example : org.apache.lucene.analysis.el.GreekAnalyze.

There isn't an explicitly list of langauges supported -- but if you look
at the javadocs, both for Solr and Lucene, you can get a very good sense
of what Tokenizers, TokenFilters, and Analyzers are included with Solr.

There *may* be a few Analayzers in Lucene contribs which are not in Solr
OOTB, but they should be fairly easy to add as plugins...

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/analysis/package-tree.html

Keep in mind some Analysis classes (like SnowballPorterFilterFactory)
actually support many different langauges based on runtime configuration.

Re: solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

Erik Hatcher

On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:18 AM, sunnyfr wrote:
> But what about SnowballPorterFilterFactory, which language are took in
> consideration ?
> Italian, Dutch, Portuguese ? What else?

See here:

<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#head-b80fb581f4e078142c694014f1a8f60c0935e080

        Erik

Re: solr 1.3 list of language managed org.apache.lucene.analysis

sunnyShiny06
Thanks Erik ...
Sorry I printed it to read it properly this weekend, didn't notice this part,
very sorry about it,

Have a nice weekend everybody
and thanks for everything

Erik Hatcher wrote