solr 1.4 schedule

Yonik Seeley-2-2
So it seems like Solr 1.4 should be targeted for release as soon as
possible after the Lucene 2.9 release - perhaps one week after.
Lucene looks like it may release in late August, so I think there is
enough time to get all of the issues out of the way (of course new
ones having to do with all of the changes in Lucene keep coming up...)

side note: I'll be out of touch (in VT) this Sat-Tues.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Grant Ingersoll-2
Here's the open issues:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseVersion.jspa?id=12310230&versionId=12313351&showOpenIssuesOnly=true

As I said before, I can volunteer to be the RM unless someone else is
dying to do it.

-Grant

On Jul 24, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> So it seems like Solr 1.4 should be targeted for release as soon as
> possible after the Lucene 2.9 release - perhaps one week after.
> Lucene looks like it may release in late August, so I think there is
> enough time to get all of the issues out of the way (of course new
> ones having to do with all of the changes in Lucene keep coming up...)
>
> side note: I'll be out of touch (in VT) this Sat-Tues.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Yonik Seeley-2-2
Yikes - just saw Mark's tweet about Lucene getting close to release...
we have some catching up to do :-)

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Yonik Seeley<[hidden email]> wrote:

> So it seems like Solr 1.4 should be targeted for release as soon as
> possible after the Lucene 2.9 release - perhaps one week after.
> Lucene looks like it may release in late August, so I think there is
> enough time to get all of the issues out of the way (of course new
> ones having to do with all of the changes in Lucene keep coming up...)
>
> side note: I'll be out of touch (in VT) this Sat-Tues.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Grant Ingersoll-2
Yep, I've been working through the open issues and nudging people who
are assigned them to provide updates or move them to 1.5 and in some
cases close them out.  It seems like a few of them were open but had
already been committed.

Would be good if people can revisit their 1.4 issues and update them.

On Aug 3, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Yikes - just saw Mark's tweet about Lucene getting close to release...
> we have some catching up to do :-)
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Yonik Seeley<[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>> So it seems like Solr 1.4 should be targeted for release as soon as
>> possible after the Lucene 2.9 release - perhaps one week after.
>> Lucene looks like it may release in late August, so I think there is
>> enough time to get all of the issues out of the way (of course new
>> ones having to do with all of the changes in Lucene keep coming
>> up...)
>>
>> side note: I'll be out of touch (in VT) this Sat-Tues.
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Yonik Seeley-2-2
24 open issues left - and nothing too difficult left.  It's looking
like we should be to hit the goal of releasing this month - a week
(at most) after lucene!

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Grant Ingersoll-2
There is also a whole lot unassigned still, we probably should at
least give them a glance to see if there is anything that slipped that
should be in 1.4

On Aug 8, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> 24 open issues left - and nothing too difficult left.  It's looking
> like we should be to hit the goal of releasing this month - a week
> (at most) after lucene!
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: solr 1.4 schedule

Grant Ingersoll-2
Still at 24 (although they have changed): https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseVersion.jspa?id=12310230&versionId=12313351&showOpenIssuesOnly=true
.  Please do your part and check if you have issues slated for 1.4.
There are a few that need unit tests, some that just need to be
committed/reviewed and others that need a first patch.