solr 6.6.3 intermittent group faceting errors

solr 6.6.3 intermittent group faceting errors

Jay Potharaju-2
Hi,
I am testing solr 6.6.3 and have been running into intermittent group
faceting errors.  I did some bulk indexing to  initially setup the
collection I have multiple facet fields it only throws error on one of the
fields. The issue goes away when I reindex the data.

<field name="category_id" type="tlong" indexed="true" stored="true" required
="false" multiValued="true" docValues="true"/>
 I am upgrading from solr 5.3, didn't see this issue with the existing
version we are using.  Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Exception during facet.field: category_id
  at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:612)
  at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:279)
  at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:268)
  at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.request(SolrClient.java:1219)
  at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler.lambda$submit$0(HttpShardHandler.java:163)
  at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
  at
com.codahale.metrics.InstrumentedExecutorService$InstrumentedRunnable.run(InstrumentedExecutorService.java:176)
  at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
Thanks
Jay

Re: solr 6.6.3 intermittent group faceting errors

Jay Potharaju-2
I deleted my collection and rebuilt it to check if there are any issues
with indexing. I didn't see any errors during indexing. My collection is
sharded and we use implicit routing...But after rebuilding my collection
also I am getting errors on group faceting. This is not happening all the
time but rather on small subset of data, which is fixed by reindexing.

Any suggestions on what else to check for??

Thanks
Jay Potharaju

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Jay Potharaju <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am testing solr 6.6.3 and have been running into intermittent group
> faceting errors.  I did some bulk indexing to  initially setup the
> collection I have multiple facet fields it only throws error on one of
> the fields. The issue goes away when I reindex the data.
>
> <field name="category_id" type="tlong" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="false" multiValued="true" docValues="true"/>
>  I am upgrading from solr 5.3, didn't see this issue with the existing
> version we are using.  Any suggestions why this might be happening?
>
> Exception during facet.field: category_id
>   at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.
> executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:612)
>   at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(
> HttpSolrClient.java:279)
>   at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(
> HttpSolrClient.java:268)
>   at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.request(SolrClient.java:1219)
>   at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler.lambda$submit$0(
> HttpShardHandler.java:163)
>   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
>   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>   at com.codahale.metrics.InstrumentedExecutorService$
> InstrumentedRunnable.run(InstrumentedExecutorService.java:176)
>   at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.
> lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
>   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
>   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
> Thanks
> Jay

Re: solr 6.6.3 intermittent group faceting errors

Jay Potharaju-2
Hi
Has anyone seen issues with group faceting on multivalued fields in solr 6x? Can any of the committers comment?
Thanks
Jay