solr join query

Brian Yee-2
I have one solr collection used for auto-suggestions. If I submit a query with q="coffe", I will get a responses back with documents that have a field suggestion="coffee", "coffee table", "coffee maker", etc. I want to know if those suggestions would have results if I used them to query a second solr collection for products.

Is there a way to do this without multiple solr queries? I could do the first query to the suggestions collection, then take the results from that and do more queries to the products collection. But I don't think that will meet my performance requirements.

Is this possible with a single join query? Any other ideas?

Re: solr join query

Susheel Kumar-3
You may want to look at fetch function of Streaming expressions

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/stream-decorators.html

Thanks,
Susheel