solr read timeout

Prateek Jain J

Hi All,

I am using solr 4.8.1 in one of our application and sometimes it gives read timeout error. SolrJ is used from client side. How can I increase this default read timeout?

Regards,
Prateek Jain

Re: solr read timeout

Jason Gerlowski
Hi Prateek,

Depending on the SolrServer/SolrClient implementation your application
is using, you can make use of the "setSoTimeout" method, which
controls the socket (read) timeout in milliseconds.  e.g.
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_8_1/solr-solrj/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/impl/HttpSolrServer.html#setSoTimeout(int)

Best,

Jason