solrcloud configuration: solr failed to start with multiple zookeeper servers

solrcloud configuration: solr failed to start with multiple zookeeper servers

Gu, Steve (CDC/CDC OD/OADS) (CTR)
Hi,

I am prototyping solrcloud and I have three zookeeper servers (localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183).  I set the zkHost in solr.in.cmd file as:

set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183"

After zk servers have started, I got the following error when I tried to start solr:  localhost:2182 was unexpected at this time.

Solr starts ok if I set ZK_Host to only one server, such as set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181".

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

Re: solrcloud configuration: solr failed to start with multiple zookeeper servers

Woll-E
did you configure the zookeeper as a quorum?

Am 13.09.2018 um 14:47 schrieb Gu, Steve (CDC/OD/OADS) (CTR):

> Hi,
>
> I am prototyping solrcloud and I have three zookeeper servers (localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183).  I set the zkHost in solr.in.cmd file as:
>
> set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183"
>
> After zk servers have started, I got the following error when I tried to start solr:  localhost:2182 was unexpected at this time.
>
> Solr starts ok if I set ZK_Host to only one server, such as set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

RE: solrcloud configuration: solr failed to start with multiple zookeeper servers

Gu, Steve (CDC/CDC OD/OADS) (CTR)
Yes, my zookeeper ensemble have 3 servers and they are all up running.

did you configure the zookeeper as a quorum?

Am 13.09.2018 um 14:47 schrieb Gu, Steve (CDC/OD/OADS) (CTR):

> Hi,
>
> I am prototyping solrcloud and I have three zookeeper servers (localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183).  I set the zkHost in solr.in.cmd file as:
>
> set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183"
>
> After zk servers have started, I got the following error when I tried to start solr:  localhost:2182 was unexpected at this time.
>
> Solr starts ok if I set ZK_Host to only one server, such as set ZK_HOST="localhost:2181".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Re: solrcloud configuration: solr failed to start with multiple zookeeper servers

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Which version of Solr and ZooKeeper are you using?

What is the command that you used to start Solr?

Regards,
Edwin

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 21:56, Gu, Steve (CDC/OD/OADS) (CTR) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yes, my zookeeper ensemble have 3 servers and they are all up running.

Edwin,

Solr is 7.4.0, and zookeeper is 3.4.12.

Interestingly, when I started solr with ZK_HOST="localhost:2181", I can still access solr via other zk_host with CloudSolrClient.

Thanks
Steve

wrote:

> Yes, my zookeeper ensemble have 3 servers and they are all up running.

Shawn Heisey-2
On 9/13/2018 6:47 AM, Gu, Steve (CDC/OD/OADS) (CTR) wrote:
> After zk servers have started, I got the following error when I tried to start solr:  localhost:2182 was unexpected at this time.

Where is this error seen?  Was there more to the message?  In addition
to knowing that, we will need to see the FULL text of all errors in the
solr.log file.

Thanks,
Shawn