strange sorting problem

Kevin Lewandowski
I'm having a problem with sorting on a certain field. In my schema.xml
it's defined as a string (not analyzed, indexed/stored verbatim). But
when I look at my results (sorted on that field ascending) I get
things like the following:

Yr City's A Sucker
Movement b/w Yr City's A Sucker
X, Y & Sometimes Z
Move On Up - (Lisa Marie Experience / Footlclub / Z Factor Mixes)
Zakamucyo

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

thanks,
Kevin

Re: strange sorting problem

hossman

can you post...

 * the fieldtype declaration from your schema.xml
 * the field declaration from your schema
 * the full URL that generated that ordering
 * the full XML output from that URL

(you can set the "fl" param to just be the field you are sorting on and
score if the XML response is really big)

: Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:21:48 -0700
: From: Kevin Lewandowski <[hidden email]>
: To: [hidden email]
: Subject: strange sorting problem
:
: I'm having a problem with sorting on a certain field. In my schema.xml
: it's defined as a string (not analyzed, indexed/stored verbatim). But
: when I look at my results (sorted on that field ascending) I get
: things like the following:
:
: Yr City's A Sucker
: Movement b/w Yr City's A Sucker
: X, Y & Sometimes Z
: Move On Up - (Lisa Marie Experience / Footlclub / Z Factor Mixes)
: Zakamucyo
:
: Does anyone know what could be the problem?
:
: thanks,
: Kevin
:

Re: strange sorting problem

Kevin Lewandowski
Sorry, user error. In the example I posted the field type was actually
not string. But I was getting confused on another field because I
didn't realize that string was case sensitive. Too many fields to
think about! :)