try-with-resources

Yaniv Kunda

I’ve opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1719 along with a patch that converts applicable code to use the try-with-resources statement.

Although the patch is big and covers 105 files, it’s very shallow and  contains only trivial use cases – most of them fixed by IntelliJ’s quick-fix.

I would appreciate if any committer can review this and push it through –

I already have other changes (using Java 7’s java.nio.file.Path) waiting for it to avoid conflicts.

If this is too much, I can separate it to different patches, per module or any other discriminator –

although the absolute majority is in tika-parser’s tests.

Yaniv Kunda
Technical Lead
[hidden email]

p +972 (3) 7661819
m +972 (54) 4644456

www.answers.com/webcollage

This email communication (including any attachments) contains information from Answers Corporation or its affiliates that is confidential and may be privileged. The information contained herein is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately reply to sender, delete the message and destroy all copies of it. If you have questions, please email [hidden email]

Re: try-with-resources

Jukka Zitting
I'm on it.