upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4

Joshi, Shital
We have SolrCloud (4.3.0) cluster (5 shards and 2 replicas) on 10 boxes. We have about 450 million documents. We're planning to upgrade to Solr 4.4.0. Do We need to re-index already indexed documents?

Thanks!

Re: upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4

Jack Krupansky-2
A dot release should never require reindexing, unless... there is some
change in a field type analyzer or update processor that your data depends
on.

For example, some changes occurred in the ngram filter, so whether that
would impact your data is up to you to decide.

See:

There were a few other changes as well - you need to review each change
yourself.

-- Jack Krupansky