vespa

Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Hi all,

Yesterday Yahoo open sourced Vespa (i.e.: The open big data serving engine: Store, search, rank and organize big data at user serving time.), looking at the API they provide search.
I did a quick search on the code for lucene, getting only 5 results.

Does anyone know more about the framework? does it provide a new way to do search?  how does it compare with Solr?

https://github.com/vespa-engine/vespa
http://vespa.ai

Re: vespa

Doug Turnbull
Diego, I wrote this article today after our initial high-level review at
OpenSource Connections

http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2017/10/06/vespa-vs-lucene-initial-impressions/

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:44 AM Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday Yahoo open sourced Vespa (i.e.: The open big data serving
> engine: Store, search, rank and organize big data at user serving time.),
> looking at the API they provide search.
> I did a quick search on the code for lucene, getting only 5 results.
>
> Does anyone know more about the framework? does it provide a new way to do
> search?  how does it compare with Solr?
>
> https://github.com/vespa-engine/vespa
> http://vespa.ai
>
> --
Consultant, OpenSource Connections. Contact info at
http://o19s.com/about-us/doug-turnbull/; Free/Busy (http://bit.ly/dougs_cal)