was hadoop copy being slow?

Boris Lau-2
Hi all,

I am currently starting to play with nutch 0.9 on a hadoop cluster
with 5 nodes (one of them acting as master name node).  One of the
performance bottle neck I observed is related to the speed of copying
files from hadoop.  In particular in cases when:

- Reduce copy stage (rate of 0.00Mb per seconds)
- hadoop dfs -copyToLocal command (it is going at a very slow rate of
about 30K per seconds)

(please do correct me if these 2 observations are totally unrealated)

All these machines are connected via 10Mb LAN and performance should
be higher than this.

Would anybody have any idea on what to try to improve on the copying
performance?

Many thanks
boris