what are the best client interface ?

said
I want to integrate my *Solr* search engine with my *PHP* website and I
hesitate over doing interface with *Velocity UI *or with *Solarium* ? what
do you think about ?
Thank you for help.

RE: what are the best client interface ?

Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]
WordPress and Drupal both have ways to interface with Solr through plugins/modules.   Not sure that describes your PHP website.

I like Ruby on Rails "projectblacklight" for an easy and usable discovery layer.

We are a Python/Django shop - we've had good luck with Django-haystack and pysolr.

markus kalkbrenner-2
The latest module versions of Drupal and Typo3 now both use the solarium library.
I think solarium is the most used PHP library for Solr and it is the most active project.

But as one of the maintainers of the Drupal integration and the solarium library itself, my opinion might not be totally objective ;-)

Markus Kalkbrenner
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) techn. Informatik
CTO

bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH