what is QueryFilter.bits ???

Pablo Gomes Ludermir
Dear all,

I would like to know what exactly represent the bit pattern on the
method QueryFilter.bits(IndexReader).

Sometime ago I posted a question here about a categorized search.
Basically I needed to know in how many different categories (category
is a Field that I index with the document) have a particular term.

Now, I am facing a similar problem. Instead of knowing how many
categories have a particular term, I want to know how many documents
have a particular tuple <category, term>. How is possible to get that?
I was trying an approach similar to the first, but I am not succeding.

Anyone have any idea?

Regards,
Pablo

--
Pablo Gomes Ludermir

Re: what is QueryFilter.bits ???

Erik Hatcher

On May 5, 2005, at 4:41 PM, Pablo Gomes Ludermir wrote:
> I would like to know what exactly represent the bit pattern on the
> method QueryFilter.bits(IndexReader).

The BitSet represents the documents in the index, sequentially (the
order that they were indexed).  Each bit represents a single
document.  If the bit is set, then it is returnable from a search, if
not, then even if that document matches the query it is not returned.

     Erik