what is searcher

hebiryu
hello all..

I am learning SOLR since 2 days ago.

I have to make training/presentation aboutSOLR  to rest of my fellow in my
company.

my question is: what is searcher ?

this term seems to be found everywhere. but
there's no exact definition of this term either in google nor SOLR wiki.

anyone please help me..

thank you

regards

- habibi-

Re: what is searcher

Briggs
Searcher is the main search abstraction in Lucene. It defines the
methods used for querying an underlying index(es).

See: http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_0/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Searcher.html

--
"Conscious decisions by conscious minds are what make reality real"