who uses Solr?

Yonik Seeley
I'll be giving a Solr presentation at ApacheCon EU shortly.
If there is anyone who is using Solr and wants their company/site
mentioned in the presentation, let me know.

You can also update http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers if you like.

Re: who uses Solr?

Erik Hatcher
My Solr application is literally a week or less away from public
deployment.  It's the Google/del.icious(ok, ok, Simpy!)/Flickr of
19th century literature.  It's working very nicely as a Ruby on Rails
front-end with a bit of AJAX coolness for Google-suggest like
behavior (with the data coming from a custom Solr cache) and tons of
faceting.  I've still got some work to do in order to use Solr's
caches as they were intended (I currently hacked a bunch all into
one, essentially, so its all in RAM for now).  My group is very
pleased with the effectiveness of Solr.

And I'm embarking on a side consulting project that will use RoR+Solr
in very similar ways too.

Best wishes with the AC presentation.  I'm envious - it's quite fun
to present something as spectacular as Solr.

        Erik

p.s. I'll gladly add our site to the PublicServers page when we go live.

On Jun 16, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> I'll be giving a Solr presentation at ApacheCon EU shortly.
> If there is anyone who is using Solr and wants their company/site
> mentioned in the presentation, let me know.
>
> You can also update http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers if
> you like.
>
> -Yonik

Re: who uses Solr?

kkrugler
>I'll be giving a Solr presentation at ApacheCon EU shortly.
>If there is anyone who is using Solr and wants their company/site
>mentioned in the presentation, let me know.

Just a general notice that http://krugle.com uses Solr to search
project data, and also to store an index to user-generated notes
about code. We finally went live last week, so I can openly post
about it.

Thanks to the Solr community for a very useful tool - it's been great!

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.
+1 530-210-6378
"Find Code, Find Answers"

Re: who uses Solr?

Fabio Confalonieri
We (Zero Computing S.r.l. of Italy www.zero.it) are now using Solr as index of a classified ads portal for our customer Gruppo Espresso:
"one of the leading media groups in Italy with interests in publishing, radio, advertising, internet businesses and television" (from their site http://www.gruppoespresso.it/gruppoesp/eng/index.jsp).

In particular I've developed a custom request handler to achive faceted browsing capability (like You can see in www.oodle.com).

We think to deploy the portal end of July, as I already said, as soon as we will be online, I'll update the wiki.

Happy presentation !

Fabio

Ing. Fabio Confalonieri
Zero Computing S.r.l. (www.zero.it)

Re: who uses Solr?

Marcus Stratmann
Our Solr system is up now since a few days. You can find it at
http://www.booklooker.de/
I'm sorry we have a german user interface only, but maybe if you want to
try out our system you just can fill out some fields in our search form
and press "suchen" on the right side. We are "book brokers" and maybe
it's not to hard to find out that "Autor" means "author" and "Titel" is
"title". "Stichwort" may be interesting because this means "keyword" and
  will perform a search in a "multiValued" field in Solr. One important
notice: there are two checkboxes labeled "gebraucht" (used) and "neu"
(new). Do not check "neu" because this will search in an external
database which is much more slower than ours. ;-)

For the more technically interested I give you some parameters. We have
now about 10.5 million documents in our index, each consisting of 24
fields (you can see why, when you click "SUCHEN" on the left side which
will present you a detailed search form). The index is 2.6G big on disk.
We have two Solr servers running (actually Tomcat server), but normally
just one is active. Our users submit about 200.000 queries per day which
is 2.3 queries per second. Typically this varies from 1.5 to 4.5 queries
per second over the day. Additionally we have about 100.000 "search
tasks" in our database which are processed in the morning hours
(increasing the number of queries per second to 11). The index is
updated once per day on our main server and then copied to our second
server.
If you have any question I'm glad to give you further information.

Thanks to the Solr community for helping us setting up this system!

Marcus